4.12.2004

vt, ma, vt, ma and vt again
status check - worn out
background ambiance - neutral milk hotel


as someone who will happily hop into the car for a road trip, tonight's exhaustion comes as a surprise. i realized this weekend that i can drive anywhere and be more than content. stick me in the backseat of a car for a trip and i'm out like a light. naptime for victorias.


nevertheless, the great family new england road trip was quite the success. beyond the general visits with familial types and a three-day weekend, i can now challenge anyone to beat me at the ps2 "american idol" game. hey, when you're entertaining a 10-year-old "ai" addict, you wind up doing crazy things. and singing a lot of robbie williams. um, yeah.


but good times. caught up a bit with my favorite bostonian sibling, which is always a good time. while my parents said goodbye with all this "we'll see you soon, be safe," tom and i just looked at each other, hugged and said, "uh yeah. see you in a couple of weeks." it's funny how i'm so much closer to the kid now. i'm quite the fan. the great boston bike tour is again being planned. bwahaha.


so yeah, spent most of my weekend in a car, but was able to convince my parents to listen to something other than boston radio oldies for once (score). enjoyed hearing hd, matty and the like on the radio. then was shocked to hear "toxic" for the first time once we hit vermont. since my car sterio is always either set on the buzz or cds while i'm driving, i don't exactly have much chance to hear britney (i'm not complaining). while i was shocked to hear the song, my parents were shocked that i'd never heard it. hmm.


during a stop at newbury (love), picked up neutral milk hotel's self-titled. i like. about time i listened to it. and discovered my long-lost musical treasure trove diabolically hidden in my parent's vehicle. ten cds i thought i'd lost for all time - including damien rice, charlotte martin and ben kweller - waiting for me to discover them amidst my parents' beatles, roy orbison and james taylor cds (while i missed them, at least i can be comforted knowing they were in good company in my absence).


a very happy reunion followed, particularly as i drove back to burlington this evening, blaring "in parenthesis" and singing along at the top of my lungs as i drove to the magenta-hued horizon, the lake glowing ahead.


funny to see pictures of rockstar mayer and laugh. shortly after this was taken, i bet he busted into his rap. pity - i was hoping to possibly see maroon 5 this summer.


whenever you look you can see that everybody wants to be part of the rockscene
- athlete, "westside"

No comments: