4.05.2004

a giggle, then a chuckle, then an all-out laugh
status check - laughing me arse off
background ambiance - pthurston's musical movie review - "walking tall"


a good day. a monday. the two rarely go together hand in hand.


yet here come the pair of phrases, not only going hand in hand, but with fingers laced. they're getting along so swimmingly that the two phrases are just about ready to duck into a dark corner and make out.


hmm. so why such a good monday, my dear readers ask in shock. what is it that's made your first day of the workweek so grand and lovely? why the hell can't i get such a great start to my week? why are you hording it all, miss victoria? share with us, dammit!


fine, fine, settle down, friends. i'll share. a little patience, please.


first, the local good news. one of the dearest wabbits in the land will be making a long-anticipated trip to the northern country. i screamed with delight when i heard the news. i'm elated and excited and just all-out can't wait. mostly because i'm very proud of said wabbit, who deserves many congratulatory wishes, many of which i've already given. and the fact that i learned of this shortly before heading to work made my approaching hours of labor all that much better.


then, after conducting a typical afternoon of meetings and calls and all of that fun stuff, i managed to track down information about a story no one thought i'd be able to get at 9 p.m. haha - i got it. sure, it's only a brief. sure, my name won't be attached. but i got it and it's running tomorrow. i was rewarded with a "hey, nice job. way to go." and those words brought me the great joy. hurrah!


then i arrive home and check email, per usual. find a mailing list message from the westie musician friend. new album to buy soon, which makes me happy. and reference to a pin that i must purchase. there is little that could top my (now lost, soon to be re-purchased) jmraz "i <3 sex" pin. but i think a "pete thurston thinks i'm hot" pin just might be able to do it. or perhaps the two will work well together, creating a harmony of san diego singer songwriter goodness i can display somewhere on my person (or my purse). yes, i would proudly proclaim the message of a pair of horny singer-songwriters.


and THEN i check the aforementioned sex-lovin' fellow's site to find a new journal entry. while this would be the icing on the proverbial cake anyway, this particular entry was all too perfect an end to such a lovely day. i typically link or just make reference to the entries, but i feel the need to post it in its delightful entirety (editor's note: please be aware that the converse to which he refers are, i believe, the pair he acquired in a shoe trade he made with a fan in manila. if i'm wrong, my apologies but hey, like you'd know anyway. so assume i'm right. and if i AM right, don't say a bloody word. i know, i know.)


wednesday march 31. airport shoe stimulation


Is it possible for shoestrings to be defective? What would be the grounds for returning them or filing a claim? Indeed, they are still strings of equal length with no strays or frayed edges. I should add they are actually one string, wound through a series of punched holes reaching the top in unison, grasping arms in harmony and protecting the foot by safely sealing the canvas of the shoe at the ankle. I’m only having a problem with the left shoelaces. You’d think they’d learn from watching the other how simple their job is. Unfortunately, the left foot rebels and demands much of my attention. Each time I bend down to tie them in a pretty bow I swear it will be the last. I try pulling the bow taught to one side and even tucking in the excess lace into the crevasse between my sock and shoe. I try the double-bow method and use as much of the remaining material in the tie itself. Still I get nothing. No reward of stability. I swear I’ll die tying. The time has come to rest this hectic exercise and either give it one hell of a knot and force the shoe to become a permanent slipper or break down and suck up having to have that new laces look. Whatever the cost, I’m not giving up these shoes. They’re my favorite tattered pre-worn converse that I scored in Manila and they’ve already taken me everywhere. Oh, What it’s like to walk in another man’s shoes. From airport to airport to airport we go, my shoes and I, and with a comfortable bounce we are able to bypass the stresses that one usually finds in connecting terminals, especially when those said flights are running behind. With these shoes I find my stride. With these shoes I thee glide. With these laces however, I’m losing my mind. I wonder if my right leg is actually stepping on the laces of the left and untying them, but looking down all the time, concentrating on the converse, kind of defeats the purpose of the carefree casual stroll. With that said, I realize it is my right side pulling on the left. I never noticed how clumsy I tend to walk. Does my right foot just love the other so much that it constantly brushes up against it in some kind of erotic foot fetish activity? Is my subconscious revealing to me just how much I love myself? Is one leg shorter than the other? My mind is frantic with questions all of a sudden. Perhaps the nerves in my feet are the end of the line from what starts in my brain… I need a pedicure.


And where is my plane?

No comments: