4.19.2004

unexpected unconsciousness
status check - dazed
background ambiance - lord of the rings: two towers

somewhere in the midst of frodo's struggle to reach mordor, i fell asleep, streched out on my couch, a light blanket tucked under my chin. while i had been watching the movie, i was more focused on the sound of the first thunderstorm of the season raging outside, noting each flicker of lightning and counting until the thunderclap growled. i thought of how i am looking forward to warmer nights like this, when i can open my bedroom windows and feel the heavy air enter my room, marked by the clean scent of the rain.

when i awoke, the thunder had passed on. i had dreamt i could smile as i said goodbye and looked away. and be content.

but i better be quiet now, i'm tired of wasting my breath. - elliott

No comments: