4.17.2004

sunshine and saturdays
status check - happy
background ambiance - keyboard clicking and muted sounds from outside

i wrote a brief post earlier this morning, talking about how i was in the office alone, putting my obligatory saturday hours that will pop up on the schedule every blue moon. but i decided such a post did not reflect the day. so my blog-goddess-like self deleted the sucker and decided to start fresh.

it's a glorious saturday. while i'm working for much of the afternoon, i made a story-related trip to the waterfront and decided to treat myself to a walk. the sun was shining, breezes blowing in off the lake and other area residents were out jogging, walking and riding bicycles. i was shocked to see that the lake has completely melted - it seemed like i'd just been standing on thick ice, looking at the city from the breakwater. but waves are now lapping the stones on shore and kayakers were dotting the water.

on my way back, i picked up a ticket to see damien tuesday - the clerk at the record store asked me what day the show was and i wanted to stare in shock. what day is damien rice going to be in burlington? how can you not KNOW, man!?! (side note: johnoghue - are you going to the show?) funny what a giddy mood will do to me.

so now here i sit, clicking away at the keyboard to get my writing mind started. i'll shortly turn to the two stories i must file today, then be productive for my final hours before returning home, hopefully in time to catch my soon-to-be flatmate as she brings up the first of her items.

a grand day indeed.

No comments: