4.16.2004

um
status check - envious
background ambiance - birds chirping

new songs. jesus bo beezus and soul train line with bushwalla. "it takes" with gpage and toca.

i find last night's "surprise" show setlist all the funnier considering my previous post. good god, how cool would that show have been.

p.s. it's close enough, so i'm closing the approximate two-week window of potential delay. c'est la vie.

friday five ...

1. what do you do for a living?
i am a journalista.

2. what do you like most about your job?
my job requires me to spend time trying to learn everything i can about another person or an event and relay it to others. each day i'm learning something new and i always find something interesting about it. i make a living finding out about what's happning in the lives of others. and there are strangers who trust me to provide them with everything that is relevant about those things i cover.

3. what do you like least about your job?
my current schedule isn't exactly ideal for trying to enjoy human contact outside of the job.

4. When you have a bad day at work it's usually because _____...
i don't feel as if i've been able to produce anything up to the calibar i want it to be. or if my comparative youth to my colleagues shows my lack of experience in certain areas. or when people hear a younger voice (that being mine) coming over the phone line and, as a result, talks down to me.

5. What other career(s) are you interested in?
i'm going to be a journalist for as long as the field will have me. it's what i'm supposed to do. i'm interested in other aspects of it (different beats). but if, for some reason, journalism wouldn't have me for a period of time, i'd love to work behind the scenes at a theater company. a record label might be neat, too. something with theater and/or music involved.

No comments: