4.08.2004

refusal to erase
status check - dopey
background ambiance - johnatha brooke - "linger"


my apologies to those who tried calling the cell today and received word that my mailbox was full. i know. i suck. i remedied the situation and deleted some of the unnecessary voicemails.


it amused me, however, that i still have a voicemail from september 1. that message stays, no matter what. sure, it's over ... what, seven months old now? but i keep it for rainy days, blue days and other dreary mood-inducing days. two of my favorite voices coming over the phone line to make me smile.


anyhoo. good god, i'm exhausted. my pattern of working my tail off continues ... stayed late trying to get everything done and succeeded (go me!). three "good job" compliments in three days as i prepare to walk out the door. such compliments are like gold, i tell you ...


was also greeted today with a note on my desk from a colleague. nothing fancy, just a compliment about the lede to today's fun story. a great way to start the workday, let me tell you. i received several such compliments over the course of the day and was beaming like a fool, even as i ran around trying to get everything done - scratch that. even as i ran around and got everything done.


as i told beth tonight, i have decided to definitely make the trip to boston at the beginning of may to hit up the paradise show. i'd been deliberating about it, but finally decided any reason i had against going was really just foolish. i love seeing the band perform. i love paradise. i love attending paradise shows to see the band perform with friends. all of the elements will be present for the upcoming show. and so will i.


so there's a mini, weekend road trip in the works, if anyone's game. hit up a show, spend some time in the city. good times.


but, as for now - sleep calls. must wake up at a reasonable hour (for once) tomorrow morning so i can hit up the exercise room and continue this whole getting into shape business. watch out, i'm going to be ready for scene-stealin' and pointy shoes (my feet hurt already).

No comments: