4.26.2004

deja who?
status check - decent
background ambiance - the printer

i've found myself in a number of deja vu situations as of late - triggered by a phrase or situation into feeling as if my life has temporarily raced full circle - or that i've dreamt of the situation i later find myself in. i loathe such moments and have been grimacing as they've appeared increasingly over the past two weeks. i always wonder if i'm imagining things or if they're founded in reality. did i really dream writing about a specific brief? and if so, why would i waste my dreams or (depending on what one wishes to describe them) premonitions on something so random?

with such a backstory, waking from last night's dream sent me into a slight panic. i'd turned off my cell phone before drifting to sleep and awoke to the need to call my family and make sure all was quiet and safe. in my dream, my father had suffered a heart attack during the late night hours and the following frantic calls to my cell phone were obliviously unanswered.

when i woke, i needed to call and check. turning on my phone, i discovered that a message was left during the middle of the night - from my brother. a feeling of dread sets in until i hear the message, during which he informs me that he'd had a grand day and simply hoped to let me know and chat. relief washes over as i call home and my father answers.

dad: "hey there, you're awake early. what's up?"
me: "uh, hello! just wanted to make sure everything was ok with you guys."
d: "of course - why wouldn't it be?"
m: "i assumed it was, but know those dreams where you don't know if they're real and you want to make sure?"
d: "i hate those. what was the dream?"
m: "um ... nothing important. i'd rather not say."
d: "what was it? did something happen to one of us?"
m: *thinking "yes, actually, you died."* "eh, yeah. but it's all good. don't even sweat it. i'll talk to you soon, ok? i love you."
d: "love you too. we're fine, don't worry. talk to you later, ok?"
m: "great. tell mom i love her, too. take care of yourself! bye."
--------------
in other news, al green and lucinda williams will be playing the shelburne concert on the green series. this pleases me very much.

and as for the graham colton show scheduled for the 10th at nectar's? the show i'm looking forward to catching part of for a good start to a work week? averi's opening.

i know, i know ... the irony does not escape me.

No comments: