3.11.2005

Wordbytes.

status check - Friday fatigued
background ambiance - The Doors, "Who Do You Love"

A certain band, known for straddling the gap between contemporary and classic rock, will play a show at Higher Ground early next week under a fake name that's not really as fake as it may sound. I've a great deal of appreciation for the band and was fortunate enough to see them perform at a festival in 2001, a year particularly important to the band's fans.

A certain writer/"blogger"/music sucker might also be seen at this show. Hmm.

Anyway. The ever brilliant and insightful Beth made a remarkable statement during an earlier-than-usual-at-my-suggestion coffee break.

No, not the approval of attending two shows for the opening acts. Although that was funny. I meant the bit about changing the point of view so it all looks rosy.

She said it in jest and we both laughed, but perhaps its necessary in order for me to maintain any semblance of enthusiasm.

So. Rosy points of view.

Original P.O.V. - I'm so damn tired and worn out and I won't get everything done next week that I need to do.
Rosy P.O.V. - It's almost the weekend and I'll have a chance to relax, recharge my batteries and then get everything finished next week, just as I always manage to do.

Original P.O.V. - I've been carrying on what, for all intensive purposes, amounts to a conversation with myself.
Rosy P.O.V. - Conversation is conversation. Whatever.

Original P.O.V. - I don't say what I want to.
Rosy P.O.V. - I'm not shy and overtly self-conscious. I'm deep. Mysterious. Or something.

Original P.O.V. - Winter is never going to end.
Rosy P.O.V. - I'm going to be dancing around in skirts, linen and sandals in no time. I've made it through months of the white stuff, what's another few weeks?

Original P.O.V. - The writing's not going well.
Rosy P.O.V. - I just need one little thing before the floodgates open up and I can't keep up with the brilliant writing that will flow from my mind onto the page.

Original P.O.V. - I want something big, crazy and exciting to happen.
Rosy P.O.V. - Something big, crazy and exciting will happen when I don't expect it to.

Original P.O.V. - I'm in a Vermont funk.
Rosy P.O.V. - I've got two, possibly three concerts to attend next week. I'll be in Boston next weekend. And I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the near future. That's all I can do right now - and I'm doing it.

Original P.O.V. - Dammit, I've got "Lala" stuck in my head and I can't get it out.
Rosy P.O.V. - OK, not much I can do about this one.

Feeling link-happy? Photos from the revels in Manchester are available for viewing pleasure at Averi's dotphoto site. One features yours truly, several friends and a groovy gent with a super bitchin scarf.

No comments: