3.27.2005

Weekend update

Random notes -

"The Incredibles" - it seems I'm one of a handful of people who hadn't seen the movie. That was rectified this weekend, and I'm happy to say I loved it. For some reason, the rest (read: significantly older) of those watching with me couldn't understand why I was so delighted to hear Jason Lee's voice. Hmm.

"Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" - Critics be damned (I feel fine saying that, all things considered). I liked it. Suspend the disbelief, people. It was innovative and the acting was supposed to be contrived.

Seeing the family was great, per expected, and worth the quick trip to the North Shore.

And, to top off everything else? Plans for the weekend of Red Sox revelry actually managed to improve upon themselves. Friday - Fenway. Saturday - Phantom. Sunday - Fenway.

I shouldn't have to say anything else. Just look at that and smile with me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where on the North Shore? [i used to live in Marblehead.] and jason lee's voice almost made me cry out in excitement when i saw The Incredibles in the movie theater. hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Right on - I was in Beverly for the weekend festivities.

Haha - we were all sitting there and all of a sudden, I exclaim, "JASON LEE!" My family gave me weird expressions and I wanted to really explain and discuss my love for Kevin Smith movies (and his roles in them), but I thought explaining the films might traumatize my grandmother. So instead, I just said he's one of my favorite actors. Ahem. Hehehe.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen Zoolander in ages. I should remedy that. But I did see "An Evening with Kevin Smith" the other day and was laughing myself silly.

I haven't purchased RK goodness yet - waiting until Wednesday or Thursday.