3.05.2005

Up, at 'em, whatever

status check - No fatigue, no coffee (???)
background ambiance - Silence

Woke up this morning, stretched out lazily and looked out the window to see sunshine glinting off the bit of ocean view this apartment provides. I felt like I'd slept in for hours...until I looked at the clock and saw that it was about 7 a.m.

Forced myself to go back to sleep. A course of action that will, more often than not, guarantee myself that I'll oversleep if I have any plans that day. Once I try telling myself that I haven't gotten enough rest, my gullible body falls for it and then some.

So then? Woke up again feeling refreshed. Stretch, look at ocean - same as before. Clock. 8:32.

Decided to just stop fighting it and wake up. Thus ignoring falling asleep at 4 a.m., the honks of backed-up traffic on Congress in the middle of the night and a nearly very unfortunate incident involving a very large truck and an unexpected right-hand turn (note: "nearly very unfortunate." perfect driving record continues). And of course the random guy walking from car to car to talk during the jam (the Bostonian version of Michael Stipe circa "Everybody Hurts"? I didn't wait around to find out).

Recap of the inaugural foray to Milly's to follow at a point when I'm actually confident in my ability to make sense. Til then, Boston...

No comments: