3.07.2005

...

status check - Random
background ambiance - Ani, "Company"

***incoherence follows***

what's the point
of all this pointless proximity
if you won't talk
take me for a walk
through a little story


he claims to wear his heart on his sleeve
but it must be some other shirt
that he often leaves at home
because i'm unable to decipher
the textures and the cut.

I've been playing around today. I've a bittersweet little story developing, one that kept me up too late last night as I reminisced. I followed my younger self through birthdays and random Wednesdays, with a stop at a summer afternoon and a slow stroll through a weekend in May. For the first time, the memories were clearly sepia-toned, with well-worn edges.

I focused on a moment's realization, the instant I knew that I could finally file away the experiences under "Complete." I can, if I choose to, forget them now, as they're captured and recanted on the page.

I won't, but now I know I have the option. Which makes for an unconventionally happy ending.

As this story ends, another remains stuck, exasperating and as wrapped up in context as before...

No comments: