3.15.2005

Faux Friday

Amazing how one little thing (a whole lot of stress disappearing), coupled with a few other little things (sunshine, relatively warm temperatures, several new music suggestions thrown my way), make the hours leading up to another little thing (I'm sorry, I'm gushing, but I'm really looking forward here) dance by with the giddiness generally reserved for a Friday.

I've been in a funk - who knows, probably still am - the last few days, and I think it's because I've simply been looking at everything ahead of me with a feeling of forboding. Feels like way too much in some areas, not nearly enough in others. I don't have the balance I want - hell, I don't have a number of key things the way I want.

I was being my typical smart-ass self when Beth commented on the idea of a point of view switch (read: if you're not sure, even half the times you are sure, if I'm being serious? I'm being sarcastic. Character trait. Learn it, live it, love it). But now? I'm starting to get the hang of it. I can't just wish away the things I don't like, but I can break it down and focus on the things I do.

Fun times to be had tonight - and I believe I'm going to use the experience to kick my ass into gear with setting up the new a&e blog. Someone say "review"? Spring is approaching, admittedly slow and lethargically, but it's approaching. Also approaching are a series of fun evenings and a 2.5- or 3-day weekend jaunt in Boston (read: I'm going to get into Boston pretty early on Friday. Likely to have afternoon free. Will happily meet up with friends. Contact me). Things, when I break them down into easily managable bites, really aren't as dire as my overdramatic self can often make them out to be.

It's all good, really. And will only get better.

No comments: