3.15.2005

For the Australian visitor...

...curious as to why Friar Laurence left Juliet alone in "Romeo & Juliet." For what it's worth (I doubt s/he will return here, as I didn't provide the answers s/he sought). Think about the scenario. Why would Father Laurence have stayed with Juliet? She was supposedly dead. Only he and she knew that she was in fact only in a poison-induced coma (of sorts, naturally). Had he remained with her, had he done anything to indicate that she required company or supervision, it would have raised some form of red flag with those he and she were both attempting to dupe into thinking it had actually been suicide.

Ah, star-crossed lovers...anyway. Consider that my public service of the day.

Today marks a big day. I complete something I've been agonizing over for most of my waking hours these last several weeks. I wash my hands of it - at least, one portion of it. I take what I can get.

Following the relief of being done, I prepare for and subsequently enjoy the Black Crowes at Higher Ground. One hell of a way to celebrate, I must say. Granted, it hasn't officially been announced as the Crowes (wink wink), but hey. I'm ready to rock out with no expectations other than the fact that it'll be the closest I'll come to the sense of being at a now-classic-rock show during its heyday. Curse my parents for waiting to have me until 1980.

In other news. Adding a link on the side to GunGuys, led by the Mike Magnum over at Mike Magnum's Liquor Store and Gun Emporium. Check it, yo. M^2 is packing wit and insight along with his Glocks. We all need some satire in our lives.

No comments: