3.24.2005

A very merry unbirthday to me.

Sound of a phone dialing and ringing. Click.
T: Hello?
V: Hello brother!
T: Hello sister!
V: Where are you?
T: On the road to Chicago. You?
V: Same old same old. Pause I've got a random question for you.
T: I've a random answer.
V: What are you doing on your birthday?
T: Not sure. Why?
V: Well, I had an idea, if you wanted.
T: What's that?
V: It involves this park known as Fenway -
T: Ooh.
V: - and this, like, TEAM -
T: Uh huh...
V: - and the chance to stand on this big wall or something.
T: What?
V: You might have heard of it. It's big and green and scary-like. They call it a monster.
T: You got tickets to sit on the Green Monster on my birthday?
V: Well, I got tickets to stand on the Green Monster for your birthday.
T: Who'd be going?
V: You and me. You in?
T: That's AWESOME! YEAH! Pause How'd you get those?
V: I know people. Pause Like, uh, your father.
T: Laughter You and me at a Sox game on top of the Monster on my birthday. Aw, thanks, big sister!

Yes, friends. Sometimes it is better to give than receive.

No comments: