3.04.2005

The angel and the devil on your shoulder

status check - Conscious
background ambiance - Martin Sexton, "Caught in the Rain"

I didn't know what to expect with Martin Sexton's set last night, but was trusting the my instincts that it would be a good show.

I felt the urge to bust into a Charleston. I was impressed with the latest gadgets designed to make a solo performer sound more like a full band (more on this shortly). I sang along to the audience supplied choruses while Martin's melody rose and dipped his melodies. I laughingly sang along to "Purple Rain."

All in all? Good times.

Martin set up two microphones for his performance. One for the normal vocals, the other for the electric guitar. A vocal electric guitar, that is. I couldn't see the stage floor to note any pedals, but perhaps there was a filter or it was a special mic? Regardless, he stood at the microphone, opened his mouth - and the wail of an electric surged through the speakers. A little trippy, very cool. I was already impressed by his vocals before - he has a lovely normal singing voice, but also can contort his sound to replicate the sound of a harmonica or trumpet (reminded me of Raul Midon in that respect).

It was just quite the cool experience. And I got to hear "Way I Am." Added bonus.

But now. One more day before the absurd week comes to a close. Rewarding myself for surviving everything with Averi and Tides tonight in Manchester.

It works out well, though, because I don't want to entirely sleep away my weekend...and I've almost reached a point where I can't stop moving for fear of completely shutting down. I want to do everything I want to do and not have to worry about feeling tired...and it feels like I've reached my sixth wind. Gogogo all week long...

Please dumb blind kind sir
Lend little Miss Listless a little bit of Christmas

No comments: