3.24.2004

vegetarianism - take two

in honor of the great american meatout that was held on saturday, i'd decided to give vegetarianism another go. i'd been thinking about it for awhile and, in fact, did go veggie for a brief time a little over a year ago and found it quite pleasant. granted, when i tried it the first time, i wasn't the brightest and didn't find ways of supplementing my diet with the necessary components of a veggie lifestyle - you know, protein and all. live and learn, right?

so this time, i'm armed with the knowledge and know how to give it a shot. and now, after about five days under my belt, i'm actually really liking it. it encourages me to make my own food (as opposed to my recent pattern of takeout madness) and i'm finding new tasty treats to make and consume.

related to this, i must thank the ljer i've been reading lately and the makers of luna bars for introducing me to one of my favorite treats lately - there is not much better lately than a peppermint stick luna bar. mmm.

so, for all the vegetarians out there, or semivegetarians or people who just like a good veggie-based meal every once in awhile, i ask you to please feel free to send any recipe suggestions my way. i'm really getting a kick out of this whole process of getting in touch with my culinary side.

a conversation held in the newsroom tonight made me feel better about my age, although it came as the result of having to miss a conversation i wish i hadn't missed! i inadvertantly left my cell phone ringer on when i got back to the office, realizing this when my phone started to ring.

i have beth's id set for my fraggle rock ring (which i love - how can you not?), so when i started to hear the fr theme, i scrambled to say "hi, can't talk, will talk later." but i wasn't quick enough and my editor says, "what the hell is that???"

"fraggle rock, of course," i reply.
"what???"
"fraggle rock. come on, have some appreciation for the '80s!"
"the '80s? you grew up in the '80s???"
"born in '80, my friend."

this shocked said editor. you're so young, editor says. i feel much better about my 23-ness. no bridget jones-like worries for me for a loooong time. hurrah!

v. good.

status check - pleased
background ambiance - letterman monologue

No comments: