3.17.2004

"it's a darn good day to be irish!"

top o' the mornin to ya! sure and begorrah it warms the cockles of me heart to hope that you and yours have a fabulous day o' the irish!

as i sit here, all too sober for a st. patrick?s day, i have to laugh as i think of my expoits on this day in history. digging through the snow to get to the annex for pre-class vodka crans (little has changed, eh?), freaking out as the snow fell into my shoes. laughing as kathleen freaked (while laughing) about being buzzed during dress rehearsal for a show. lining up at rira?s for early morning celebration and downing long island iced teas. trying to get into the 3 p?s to meet up with colin and participate in the guinness toast, only to realize the line stretched down the block. and, when i finally did get in, choosing vodka cran over guinness anyway.

it?s a good day, certainly my favorite of holidays. but i don?t think i?ll be doing much, if anything, to celebrate tonight. i?m postponing it until this weekend, i think. it?s hard to celebrate when one works until 10 at night and is reviewing a play (whoo hoo!!!). but i?m wearing green and i put my hair in my little pigtails (per recent tradition) and i made sure to listen to all of my classic irish music today.

by classic, i obviously mean dropkick murphys, flogging molly, house of pain ... the good stuff.

so have a grand day, drink for me and celebrate your irish heritage. and if you don?t have any irish blood in you, celebrate my irish heritage instead.

No comments: