3.30.2004

"oops - nevermind."
status check - amused
background ambiance - tv suddenly put on mute


started to get ready to cover a fire. no fire. return to desk. started to prepare to cover story. might not be a story. return to desk. it is a day of maybes, almosts and not quites. which i'm finding quite amusing.


time to add some certainty to things. so i'm off to definitely buy some dinner and absolutely enjoy it. take that!


by the way, howie made a statement. from the hdtb:


I’m sure most of you by now have heard about my arrest in Madison on Wednesday night. I’d like to apologize to everyone involved in this unfortunate incident.


Basically, a few people were on my tour bus after the show and things got a little out of hand, stupid things were said, feelings were hurt, and a cell phone was damaged. The police were called. Ultimately I was charged with disorderly conduct and damage to property. My lawyer tells me I will be given an opportunity to address these claims at the proper time, and of course I will do so. In any event, I deeply regret anything I said that offended anyone and, of course, I fully intend to pay for the broken phone.


Unfortunately for everyone involved, some wildly inaccurate and sensational stories seem to be circulating. I can assure you that there was never any improper physical contact, nor has any ever been alleged by anyone involved, and nobody was “Locked away in a bathroom”.


I want to apologize to my fans who were bewildered by this whole thing. Most of all, I REALLY am truly sorry to everyone involved in this incident.
Endless apologies.


HD

No comments: