3.02.2004

a haiku.

my feet hit the ground
my lungs breathe in the crisp air
feel like i could fly

after setting down my book, turning off my music and dragging myself off the couch, i went for my first burlington run this afternoon. didn't do too badly for the first time running in ... *pondering* ... well, since everything before went down.

it felt grand. probably ran a little over a mile, from my house down to burlington college, then walking back up side roads i never knew existed, past shops and interesting buildings i'd never seen. played a warped version of leapfrog with the puddles (much easier when walking than when running) and ran about a third of the way back once the raindrops began to fall again. fortunately the rainfall was brief and light, cooling my face and making me feel like a little kid (the bright yellow laces on my sneakers probably helped this too). i'm going to start running again and move these lathargic muscles on a more regular basis, growing stronger as the days grow longer.

it's funny to read about someone new, as teitur is to me, and read something along the lines of "among the new breed of male singer-songwriters -- in the company of john mayer, howie day, jack johnson and jason mraz ..." i didn't know whether to laugh at the thought that they've earned such name recognition or tsk as the critic because all four have been around for ages ...

and, considering that it's been one of my favorite expressions for awhile now, it brings me infinite joy to say that a friend will soon rock the casbah - literally. LOVE IT!

No comments: