3.09.2004

if this doesn't make you want to buy his album, i don't know what will

since there's not much going on this evening and every time i try to write the story due tomorrow the news system crashes on me, i'm finding amusing things online. temporary stress break before i try writing - and thus crashing the system - for the 4573823th time.

so i come across this. and this, my friends, is one of the reasons i'm looking forward to finally finding (or sending away for) a steve poltz album.

I have been wondering lately what beverage has more caffeine? Coffee wigs me out. Is it a different kind of caffeine or am I insane? Last night I came home after a fine night of dining and several glasses of ice tea and I fell asleep 10 minutes into Letterman. Yet I woke up at 5 in the morning ready to rearrange my sock drawer with my mind full of thoughts like; "can dogs read my mind?" "Who invented liquid soap and why?" "When is a good time to take a nap in a trash compactor?" "I wonder if some of the episodes of Star Trek were real?" "I should try to pull out all of my teeth with a pair of pliers."

Now what I'm wondering is if there is a delayed reaction to the type of caffeine in ice tea? Was it just pulsing through my veins on a time delay like some sort of out of control alarm clock? Does anyone oot there have the answers? You see, if I had had a couple of cups of coffee after dinner I would have tried to shoot my television set last night because of an overflow of instant energy only to be followed by a crash not unlike that of an 8 year old after too many candy bars.


how can you not want to find out more? hmm?

oh, slightly sucky amendment to previous overjoyous post. probably won't make "what the folk?" - it starts at 8, i work til 10. but i'll still try to swing by and catch some of the g.d. set ... i should probably listen to his stuff sometime soon anyway.

No comments: