3.05.2004

analyze this

last night i dreamt that i walked into work on a monday afternoon and found a newsroom full of surprised, yet relieved faces staring at me. after asking someone what had happened, i was handed a news release from state police. it said that during the previous weekend, i had been reported as a missing person. i was out visiting my cousin caroline (note: i don't have a cousin caroline, but in my dream it made sense) in california, where we were staying at my cousin rick's place in san diego (note: i do have a cousin rick). we went to a professional sporting event of some variety and i left to get something and never came back, the report said. there was a picture of me at the event, where i'm laughing and looking to the side of the camera, but my hair was long like it was a little over a year ago and i was wearing a bandana. the report said my mother described me as, among other things, being 5'10 1/2" tall.

so as i read this, i'm laughing because it makes no sense and i hadn't been in california. so i call the bureau of missing persons and explain to them that i am in fact myself and i was never in california. i spent the weekend in burlington, per usual.

right before i woke up, i recall the police saying that i needed to stay on the line because things were odd ... they had found me in california that morning.

??????

No comments: