3.11.2004

brrr.

just when you think winter's gone, the very-early-spring night makes you shiver and zip up your coat. especially when you stand outside a fire for almost an hour.

no, no, not one i set (this time). decided to hit up the scene of a fire to see if there was enough for a story. i feel the need to state this because of half-frantic phone calls yesterday, when my parents thought i'd died.

my mother called my cell as i walked to my car before heading to a meeting i was covering and, after realizing my cell's battery was dying, i said, "shit! my cell's going."

she, however, only heard the "shit!" part and thought i'd died or been maimed or something. whoops. sorry, ma.

anyway. spoke to the journalism kiddies. i think it went alright. good times. and i'm now typing on a screen that, for whatever reason, refuses to show me what i'm actually writing. spelling errors aren't my fault this time - you know how picky i am about them. i'll go back and edit later.

No comments: