11.23.2005

So.

Averi sent out an email announcing that the band will be continuing without Chad.

I'm duly noting that here.

So.

There will be no speculation, no discussion about what might have happened here. Not my place.

But my friends and I have noticed that things seemed different the last few shows we attended. I think a number of people probably did.

But one observation. Regardless of what may have occurred, the email sent out to fans could have - should have - been handled more diplomatically. You see announcements describing the disintigration of a musical collaboration from time to time, and a common thread among them is the strong face put forward to the listeners. Decision to go separate ways, wish X the best...

You don't generally see members of a band send out what amounts to a bitch-slap to the departing member(s).

I've listened to Averi for a long time now. I'd plan to continue doing so. And I plan to listen to Chad.

What I've always appreciated so much about the Averi guys is a sense of courtesy and appreciation that, I've found, characterizes each of the guys in the band. All five.

The email? Wildly out of character from what I've grown accustomed to. And, to be honest, I find the tactics used to be quite ill-advised.

It's surprising to see it played out this way. Email to the mailing list, posted right on the website, on the "About Averi" on the myspace...just wow.

Be angry. But don't completely tarnish the image of a collaboration that lasted for years. Or, at least, don't let that show too obviously.

I'm really disappointed with how this all appears to be panning out.

No comments: