11.14.2005

A red letter day

I half-imagine that "Blister In the Sun" is about to start piping through the apartment at any instant.***

I was tired and a little blue last night. I headed off to sleep with a hug for my flatmate accompanied by thanks for joining me on a weekend jaunt that left us both feeling a bit thoughtful and worn out.

I awoke and felt right away as if the day was going to be a good one. Why? No idea. It just would be.

Favorite outfit? Of course I'll rock it. Hair? Cooperative, as it naturally would be. Softest scarf known to mankind, a gift given over the weekend? So it's not particularly cold out. Screw it. I'm going to rock it anyway because I like how it feels. Everything I need? Seemingly laid out for me on the dining room table.

Good things are on the way today. I'm going to have a smile on my face, the sun's going to shine and that's just how it'll be.

I've danced my way though the morning and am ready to moonwalk out the door and sing my way through the drive.

*** Ten points to whomever correctly identifies the reference.

No comments: