11.12.2005

Ponder This

I'm not used to having company for the drive down to Massachusetts. But as we let the scanning radio create a ridiculous medley of talk, static, hip-hop, country and rock - and laughed our way through the better part of three states - I remembered just how much i dug having a traveling partner in crime.

After I mortified myself by remembering the words to Tracy Lawrence's "Check Yes or No" shortly after crossing into Massachusetts, we found some Genesis and old school Madonna on a station. We sang, we danced, we reminisced. And, as the DJ cut in to announce the station's call lettes, frequency and genre, Beth turned to me to ask the question of the night:

"When did the music we grew up listening to become CLASSIC ROCK?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just wait... soon it will be "oldies".