8.19.2005

Sweet as salt

How do you know it's time to invest in an espresso machine?

Before you and your friend even approach the counter, the Starbucks employee grins. "Let me guess. Two grande iced caramel non-fat lattes?"
------
I made a special mix CD for this evening's Commonwealth venture. The Guilty Pleasure Mix will serve as soundtrack to my travels along the highways that stand between myself and Massachusetts.

That I will be traveling solo means I will be able to roll the windows down and unabashedly deliver god-awful car karaoke renditions of songs I never normally would even try singing.

If you're on the road and you happen to hear a cover of Kelly Clarkson's "Since You've Been Gone" that makes your ears want to bleed, just smile. Look straight ahead. Don't pay any attention.

I've spent enough of the week either working hard or feeling glum. I'm ready for some laughter.

I crack a window
And feel the cool air cleanse my every pore
As I pour my poor heart out
To a radio song that's patient and willing to listen
My volume drowns it out...

-------
And, finally. Three years ago tomorrow, I found, explored and secured my apartment in D.C.

Three years ago Sunday, I wrote the following:
i don't know about you, but i'm going to be living it up in the greater boston area one more time when averi rocks the hob cambridge. care to join me for one last night (at least for a little while) of new england drunken debauchery?

more tomorrow--all this trapsing around has exhausted me and i need to start sorting/packing in the a.m. now i reward myself with a viewing of "empire records" and the inevitable continuation of a rousing game of phone tag. ;)

No comments: