8.14.2005

Cagey (updated)

It's raining.

I'm not amused.

I don't mind a good downpour, much as I don't mind a nice sunny day. But as I stare out my window, I see this ridiculous, murky middle ground. It's not raining raining, but it's not clear enough to go for a walk or run (although I'm not allowing myself to do that for another day anyway). The humidity has just collected and formed a mass of haze, with the occasional spurt of water droplets falling to the ground.

It's a movie kind of day. But I already did that.

("Wedding Crashers." Wrong on so many levels, yet I still burst into laughter too often to keep track.)

It's a book reading kind of day. But I've already read the book Beth loaned me. I'm considering a venture to Barnes & Noble to see if something else catches my eye, but I'm as indecisive today as the weather. Nothing seems particularly horrible as I click my way through the online store, but nothing that strikes me.

(Book I read, you ask? "Jemina J," by Jane Greene. Don't bother reading it. I was more annoyed by it than anything else.)

It's a writing kind of day. But I don't have much inclination to write about anything substantial. Hence a lethargic post.

I've already exhausted the photography option. I'm not sleepy, so a nap is ruled right out. My flatmates are baking and getting work done, respectively.

Beth turned from her bowls and measuring cups to see me standing in the kitchen doorframe earlier this afternoon. I was staring outside, a look of disgust on my face.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing. That's the problem."

But, in good news, I'm pleased - and more than a little surprised - to note that I'm really, really digging a song featuring John Mayer. "Stitched Up," Mayer's guest appearance on Herbie Hancock's latest. Soulful, funky - the John I enjoy.

Don't wanna be stitched up
Out of my mind
Feeling strung out, lagging behind
Trapped in, because I can't do a thing because I'm locked down
Trapped in, can't do a thing because I'm locked down


Makes me feel like I'm right back in 2000. Oh, how the time goes by...

Bored12
Bored2

No comments: