8.03.2005

On the road again

Four musical events.
Three cities.
Two countries.
One week.

The V North American Tour (OR The "this seemed like a really good idea at the time" tour) continues today with a visit to our friendly neighbors to the north*.

The last time I went to Montreal for a show was in the fourth grade, when I won tickets to NKOTB's Magic Summer Mystery Tour at Olympic Stadium.

I daresay things have changed a signficiant amount since 1990. This should prove interesting. Fun. French, no?

But I've been playfully indignant for the last day or so, as numerous people have commented on the fact that it's a good thing I'm going with someone who will be able to get us back into the country, if need be.

I promise to not create situations of international alarm, OK?

This time.

But if I didn't have to work tomorrow...

P.S. Rufus is closing Friday's show. ??? I adore Rufus music. This is well established. And I'm looking forward to Rufus with a band. But how does one actually top BEN FOLDS LIVE PERFORMANCE?

(Hopefully with a huge, rich version of "Oh What a World" that makes me sing along to the harmony...)

P.P.S. I have a cold. I blame the blueberries. I didn't have one at this time yesterday. Back to raspberries and apples for me!

*I've known for a long time that my blood includes a bit of French Canadian, but I discovered only last night that there's some straight forward Canadian Canadian in the mix as well. Apparently my family heritage includes some Newfoundland living. Who knew? Not I. I always knew my love for "aboot" was more than simply amusement with the accent. Hockey, eh?

No comments: