8.25.2005

12:31 a.m.

It had been a bizarre day.

Disjointed connections between past and present, spliced with inquiries about the future. My head spun. I felt 17 again. 24 during fleeting moments. Old beyond my years.

I jotted down some quick paragraphs as I curled up on the couch, trying to make sense of the day's events. Mostly failing in my attempts. I pulled my sweater back on and stepped outside.

I looked up and realized the clouds had cleared. Stars stared down at me, clearer than they'd been for nights.

I sat on the porch, pulled the hood over my head and lay back against the wooden planks. I stared back at the stars. Closed my eyes. Listened to the crickets engage in their regular nocturnal chirping.

I decided not to think for awhile. Just looked, listened and felt when I felt so inclined.

No comments: