8.30.2005

A state, a date and some neon - oh my!

If I hear one more guy - actually, no, anyone - cover "I Can't Make You Love Me" before the end of this calendar year, I might go mad.

The best version was the first I heard this year, and the quality level has just been dropping rapidly since.

Clay Aiken's rendition signifies that the shark has been jumped. A long time ago.

No more, please.

Anyway.

A review of Clay Aiken's musical medley extravaganza last night will follow later today, when I have the opportunity to sit down and devote some wit - er, time - to it, but know that I survived and that Chloe had a very good time at her first concert.

A very good, very shriek-filled time. Which made for amusing times for myself and Saintly Flatmate Elizabeth. Truth be told, I had fun. And there are now many photographs. Many of which will be pulled off the shelves at family reunions for years to come.

But I will note that Aiken's drummer made many a Vermonter cringe when he made reference to the state as a city; I also believe that Aiken is into voyeurism, as he decided to change costume on stage on several occasions. Dude was just asking for a wardrobe malfunction so he could get caught onstage in a compromising situation. Would have been funny. Pity.

Oh, and did you know I supposedly went on a date with J?

I know. I didn't realize it either.

Apparently, to a 12-year-old, being one member of a group all drinking at the same time constitutes a date.

Who knew it was that easy?

God forbid I tell her I actually carried on, you know, a conversation with similar fellows. She'd have me married off, barefoot and pregnant in her mind.

And finally, click on the images to go to the rest of the set:
Spider Whirl

Ferris Wheel

No comments: