6.27.2005

It's a good thing I love me my Red Sox

From a few weeks ago:

"Hi, this is B."

"Hey, it's me."

"Hey. What's up?"

Check out Higher Ground's calendar."

"I just did that yesterday."

"Do it again. I'll wait."

I heard her typing away before a pause. "WHAT?!?!?"

"I know."

"That's so excit-"

"No, it isn't."

"Why?"

"July 2."

"Red Sox."

"Exactly."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..."

We've made references to the experience since January - staring in disbelief as Ray LaMontagne hushed the Paradise crowd. We both have said we want to see him again. We both spoke of how amazing it would be to have him play Higher Ground.

He'll be at Higher Ground on Saturday. With Doughty opening.

We'll be in Boston to see the Red Sox take on Toronto.

That day was the first time I've ever contemplated selling a Red Sox ticket.

I came to my senses, of course, but I realized today that the show is a less than a week away (which also means I'm less than a week from my boys of summer - huzzah!). But I half-wondered how quickly I'd be able to find someone eager to sing along to "Sweet Caroline"...
----------
In other news. It also dawned on me today that I will be seeing DMB - for the first time since Summer '02 - in less than two weeks. And that I haven't even listened to the new album yet. Hmm.

I've always had a great time at Dave shows before and am looking forward to this. Moreso the show than the venue. I haven't heard particularly grand raves about Great Woods - oh, sorry, the Tweeter Center - lately.

Who has listened to the new album? What do you think? Is the majority of the album better than "American Baby"? (I hope so). What should I know about the venue (never been there before)?

No comments: