6.15.2005

Repeat

June 2004 -

boston was grand, per usual. i've realized i make the trip down just about every two weeks - a pattern recently pointed out by several colleagues. in fine fashion, i'll be back in boston the weekend from next - enjoying the unbelievable lineup that is rufus/guster/ben.

per my new leaf, i will not spend any portion of that trip thinking about those unworthy of my time.


June 2005 -

LIAR!!!!

Whoops. Well, here I am, about to go again. In a kind of, sort of, not really sort of way. Regardless, viva la Bostonia! I'll be blowing a kiss to the skyline tomorrow.

My mother called me today. Mid-conversation:

M: Did you know that Averi's going to be performing on a cruise? I saw it in the Globe listings.
V: Yep. August 5.
M: A cruise, huh?
V: Go on. Say it. You know you want to.
M: Say what?
V: BOOZE CRUISE.
M: It's not a booze cruise.
V: Oh yes it is.
M: Really?
V: Yep. Booze cruise all the way.
M: And you're not going?
V: Nope. Already have plans.
M: Must be good plans. I would have thought you'd make sure to be on a booze cruise with Averi.

I think my mother was calling me a lush.

Vacation mode commences in 5...4...3...2...1...

Just kidding. A few more hours.

Then the countdown.

But before I go, might I encourage you to check out the latest IMN? I generally enjoy whenever J takes to the invisible mic, but this might be the best yet - prompting chuckles, laughs and all out guffaws.

(Yes, guffaws! Who would have thought?)

Best part, of course, features a song I've been known to sing aloud from time to time...

(Michelle, you in particular must check this out.)

No comments: