6.04.2005

Sigh

I approached Boston as yesterday's sunset was at its peak. The sky ahead was rich with purples and the first hints of dark blue, and the building were just beginning to turn on the lights. The sky behind was streaked with bold ripples of orange, yellow and rose - the Hancock Tower reflected patches of the light behind. I found myself unsure of whether I wanted to look at the tower or into my rear view mirrors in order to take in the prettiest image.

By the time I drove out of the 93 tunnel, the sight behind had begun to dull into embers of sun, with the purples descending onto the skyline. Passing the Quincy beaches, the streaks behind Boston were purple and magenta.

It is, of course, when you're driving that you see the images you want to capture on camera. And there's never a passenger in the car at these moments, so you're left with the task of trying to remember everything perfectly and tell yourself that the would-be photo couldn't really capture the beauty of it anyway.

Hmm.

No comments: