6.09.2005

A caffeinated crush

I think mid-afternoon coffee breaks may have found a new location.

He's good-looking, with sandy-colored curls and a wide, easy smile. Answers an inquiry as to the music being played and, when the inquirer remarks that she knew it sounded familiar, he outlines the set-it-aside-for-a-bit-then-pick-it-up-and-listen-anew theory in which she strongly believes. Mentions that he owns this album and brought it in to work - while doing so, he demonstrates good musical taste.

And makes the perfect espresso shake.

I really need to pick up that album. As I listened to that first song, I felt that lovely connection in which it seemed Conor had been following me around, peeking over my shoulder to glance onto my notebook scribbles as of late, then adapting it to fiction. Now if it would move from lyrics to real life...

I remember the time you drove all night
Just to meet me in the morning
And I thought it was strange, you said everything changed
You felt as if you'd just woke up

And you said, "This is the first day of my life
I'm glad I didn't die before I met you
Now I don't care, I could go anywhere with you
And I'd probably be happy"

So if you want to be with me
With these things there's no telling
We'll just have to wait and see
But I'd rather be working for a paycheck
Than waiting to win the lottery

Besides, maybe this time it's different
I mean I really think you like me

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Hobbits. So hot right now.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

LOL - the timing couldn't be more amusing, eh? Call me this evening. I should actually be around. Huzzah!

(p.s. Get on myspace now and chat with me)