6.22.2005

Silver linings

- I've decided that I like Eric Hutchinson.
- The boy Montbleau and his band of merry music makers will be at Higher Ground in September. Big grins.

-------------
I never seriously considered the whole "Look at me, I'm at The Today Show" idea. It requires waking up early. And being in New York. Two things that don't come particularly easy to me.

That said, I am going to give it a shot in July. We've assembled a crazy crew of characters ready and willing to trek to the city to see some guy with a guitar and a band play some concert series. I am fully aware of the horde of people who will also be in attendance. I know damn well just how much coffee I'm going to have to drink to be at all coherent during those early hours - and throughout that day and into that evening, at which point the coffee is likely to be replaced with Red Bull and Vodka. It'll be an early morning and a late night, as we'll cap off the Broadway-free musical Saturday with some band at some club.

It's going to be a crazy venture, one that I'm looking foward to. So when faced with the bullshit of an annoying week, I can keep my eyes on an imaginary skyline.

No comments: