1.17.2005

V. Advisory

status check - absurdly overtired
background ambiance - silence

Despite what I'm sure is an overabundance of posts available online saying the exact same thing, I feel it is my civic duty to request/beseech/demand anyone within driving distance of a Ray Lamontagne show to get tickets immediately and enjoy the musical spectacle that awaits within the hallowed halls of whatever venue he travels to on this tour.

Seriously. Saturday found E. and myself at Paradise - my favorite of favorite musical spots - staring at the incredibly softspoken man standing on stage unleash a warm, gravelly voice that is even more compelling than "Trouble" suggests.

I'm not one to select favorite concerts from the musical performance experiences I've been able to witness. But if I did, Ray would easily make the V. Top 10 - and I'm pretty confident he'd crack into the Top 5.

Just GO SEE HIM. Now, before those living under a rock decide to find out what all the fuss is about.

No comments: