1.25.2005

Karma swing?

status check - frustrated
background ambiance - Pete Thurston, "Little Red Corvette" (live)

As I drove home, two cars that had right of way before me stopped and waved for me to proceed. While baffled, I gave my little appreciative wave and drove on.

But why is it that they stop, completely out of their way, for me today? And not just once, but twice? Was my annoyance with the world emoting from my otherwise cheery-looking red vehicle? Did they realize I was so frustrated that I deserved a random act of kindness?

Or was it just that they were clueless to the roads of Burlington?

A mystery for the ages. But, whatever the intent, the gestures did cause a brief smile to cross my face. I'm hoping my I'll-be-there-late-but-ready-to-have-fun appearance at Sister Hazel this evening does the same.

I'm also hoping this horrible self-imposed need to self-edit also passes. That also might help me feel a whole lot better, if only for long enough to pound out a vent and later delete it.

Why do I set myself up for this shit?

No comments: