1.26.2005

It happens.

status check - Bored. Tired.
background ambiance - Ryan Montbleau, "Stretch"

Mmm. Bored. Tired. Sleepy.

One of those days you have to just get through. Part of one of those weeks you have to just get through.

As I walked up Church Street this afternoon (part of a much-needed but quite ineffective coffee break), I was struck by the focused tunnel-vision with which I was traveling. Just get to where I need to go. Get what I need. Turn around. Retrace steps to complete cyclical journey.

I had an urge to do something completely different, something I hadn't done before. Unfortunately, I was on the clock, which meant it wasn't feasible.

I'll be enjoying the company of visitors this weekend. But next weekend? I'm up for an adventure. Perhaps Boston? If so, without the usual haunts - I'd want to see the city from a different angle. Maybe a fresh perspective would do me some good.

No comments: