1.18.2005

California dreamin'

status check - Beyond cold
background ambiance - Typical

Windows fogging on the inside before I even turn up my car's heat. Rearview mirror covered with frost as the temperature gaugue reads minus six degrees. Feeling your face battle between going numb or just hurting a lot. Wanting to run the last twenty feet so you can reach your destination without losing all sense of feeling. Looking into a mirror and seeing bright red splashes of color on a face otherwise ice-cold white.

I can deal with cold. But this isn't cold. This is hellish - and if that makes me a bad New Englander, I can deal with that.

In other news. I discovered today that I have apparent issues reading a calendar properly. The Syd show I've been looking forward to? Not Thursday, but Friday. Not at Metronome, at Nectar's. Still at 6 p.m., though.

At least I know I can keep time. Be there.

No comments: