1.26.2005

100 Things.

status check - Surprised
background ambiance - Ryan Montbleau, "Variety"

Saw similar lists pop up on several blogs lately, so I thought I'd give it a shot here. I haven't thought about some of these things in ages. Anyway. 100 Facts.

1. I spent a week as a guest artist at the John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts - twice - during college.
2. During one of those weeks, I heard Christine Baranski singing in the next rehearsal room over.
3. I spent a year working on The Hill. I know an ungodly amount of information about the Capitol.
4. Anything tastes better with either ketchup or salsa.
5. I have a weakness for James Dean - and have demonstrated a weakness in the past for those who look like him.
6. I think James Cagney was best young and in black and white.
7. My parents moved us to Vermont when I was five so they could own and run a country store.
8. I was voted "Most Musical" in my high school class.
9. I wore a tiara to my last day of high school.
10. I played college softball. For one year.
11. I was editor of my college newspaper.
12. I met Sydney Pollack and George Plimpton.
13. I've never been a Howard Dean fan.
14. But I've been a longtime Howie Day fan.
15. I interviewed John Mayer and Glenn Phillips about a year and a half before Mayer became a superstar.
16. Mayer played "Babylon" for me during soundcheck.
17. My all-time favorite movies are "Good Morning Vietnam" and "The Lion in Winter."
18. I have a crush on Zach Braff.
19. I organized a benefit concert.
20. I'm determined to see what all the hype is about in San Diego.
21. I don't care who the hell wrote Shakespeare's works, I'm just happy I can read them.
22. My love of Shakespeare was prompted by a "Boy Meets World" episode.
23. I wanted to be an archaeologist when I was young.
24. My first theatrical experience was as an assistant stage manager sophomore year of college.
25. I haven't been treated at a hospital since birth.
26. I have a fabulous, punk, vegan, younger, Bostonian brother.
27. My first real concert was New Kids on the Block. My second, too. My third was Aerosmith.
28. I went to two proms.
29. I've always been a night person.
30. I can't stand the taste of beer.
31. I love to fly.
32. I love to drive.
33. I stare at skylines until they fade away.
34. I thought about being a political science minor.
35. I thought about being a philosophy minor.
36. I wound up a drama minor.
37. Fenway Park is one of my favorite places in the world.
38. I can roll my r's.
39. I danced at an 80s-themed event next to the woman who played the eldest Cosby daughter on television.
40. I heard Daphne Rubin Vega (the original Mimi from "Rent") sing twice and said hi to her at a pub.
41. I was supposed to be born in early- to mid-October.
42. I waited until early November. My mother wasn't amused.
43. I'm ticklish beyond belief.
44. I don't like my laugh.
45. I love to sing harmony.
46. My softball team won the state championship senior year of high school.
47. I graduated high school in a class of 33.
48. I'm addicted to lip gloss/lip balm/lipstick.
49. I started a homemade blog before I knew what blogs were.
50. I never met my mother's father or my father's mother.
51. I looked exactly like another girl in my class in first and second grades.
52. I left Woodstock '99 before the riots
53. I'm two degrees away from Kevin Spacey.
54. The Doors were one of the greatest bands of all time.
55. At a Howie Day/Pat McGee Band show in 2000, I met Jesse Metcalfe, who was then Miguel on "Passions." Now he's John on "Desperate Housewives." He was even more attractive in person.
56. I took satellite AP classes in high school.
57. My least favorite class ever taken was Astronomy.
58. I hate the cold, but love New England.
59. I've never been in a photo booth.
60. I'm half Irish, and part English, Italian and French Canadian.
61. I took German for a language.
62. I was "God" for a semester (stage manager for "A Midsummer Night's Dream").
63. I've won awards for arts criticism.
64. I read an absurd number of Sweet Valley High books growing up. I wanted to be Elizabeth Wakefield.
65. I am startled easily.
66. I hate the taste of vinegar, mustard or mayonnaise.
67. I hate fish - cooked, raw, whatever.
68. I prefer small club concerts to full-blown large affairs.
69. I saw Sharon, Lois, Braham & Elephant when I was younger.
70. I loved the Boston Garden.
71. I attended the Red Sox victory parade.
72. I can't curl my tongue.
73. I took a class called "Literary Seductions."
74. Coffee is lifeblood.
75. I always prefer acoustic.
76. I've reclaimed my love of the color pink and 80s music.
77. I love photography, even if I wuss out and use digital.
78. I adore old theaters.
79. I chatted extensively with an actor from "Office Space."
80. I interviewed Lee Blessing.
81. I have an intellectual crush on Bradley Whitford.
82. I can't make rice. I just can't do it.
83. I microwave like you wouldn't believe.
84. Favorite compliment: "You look just like Donna from "The West Wing."
85. I performed in a murder mystery.
86. I was a member of a college improv troupe.
87. I cried the first time I heard "Gold Dust" live at a Tori show.
88. I still think Chipotle is the most addictive food ever.
89. I have shaky camera hands.
90. I love the ocean.
91. Sunrises are good, sunsets are better.
92. Anything sounds better with a British accent. Even if the accent is fake.
93. I can't drive a stick shift.
94. I read Thomas Hardy's "Jude the Obscure" online - in one sitting - during a last-ditch attempt to better my odds for the AP English exam.
95. I spent a semester DJing on our campus station.
96. People tell me I look like a Becky.
97. I went by Tori briefly freshman year of college.
98. I'll almost always make the drive to a concert.
99. My favorite drinks are: vodka cranberry, malibu and pineapple or amaretto sours.
100. I'm meant to live in Boston.

No comments: