2.03.2004

snow showers bring silver flowers

there's something about winter storms. when i know i'm tucked away somewhere safe and warm for at least a few hours, i can go outside and feel the snow fall. the snow falls so heavily that the light from lamp and streetposts all over the city is caught shining against the white and it feels like a perpetual twilight, seeming to contradict my watch and the various clocks in my apartment telling me it's time for bed - time to prepare for a new day. it's warm enough to snow and i think i could stand on my small porch in a light sweater and be perfectly comfortable.

best of all, the snow is damp enough to cling to every available surface - tree trunks, branches, wires, even my dark coat - which makes the world appear to be frozen in a winter wonderland.

i hate winter, but at times like this, when the snow falls and the oddessey of navigating the roads is hours away, i can smile. because it's not all bad when it's like this - sure, palm trees would be much more pleasing a sight at midnight in early february, but there's time enough for that - for now i'll take any positive winter moment i can.

sleep well.

p.s. i watch "one tree hill" for the first time since the first episode and who has their music featured on it?

the fellows of stereophonics.

DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!! will the WB let me enjoy my music in peace?!?!

No comments: