2.06.2004

huh.

this weekend marks the first in ... awhile (too lazy to do the math) that my column won't be there. ok, granted, i took the weekend after christmas off, but that doesn't count. i'm actually going to be a little sad. i loved doing that column, much as it might have given me numerous headaches along the way ...

but nevertheless. free weekend. it still snows. damn white shite. makes it all that much more difficult to make plans. i've decided that something must happen to my ID over the course of the weekend, as i intend to get a new one on monday. in the past two weeks, i have had more people ask me for a second form of identification that in my previous ID-touting years combined. ok, yes. my license photo features yours truly with long blonde hair and mine is now bobbed and brunette. but really, do i look THAT different? is it THAT hard to picture me as a blonde? apparently so. so its time for a new photo.

maybe i'll just say i lost the one i currently have so i can keep it for myself. weird, i know, but i love my current photo. which is why i've tried to hold off from getting a new one. but having to show people my aaa cards, sign my signature and fish out old college IDs is getting old. especially since in my college IDs, wait! i'm still blonde!

i don't think i look so different ... but maybe that's just me.

i might actually have people heading to middle earth with me ... come on, let's get our own fellowship together to travel the miles to a show ...

No comments: