2.23.2004

grr.

i worry all weekend, i come in early and i sit here convinced that i won't finish my story in time, since it's due in about four minutes. granted, i was going to be late, as i haven't heard back from a source yet, but it's just about done.

then i see in the paper that it's not due until tomorrow. a change that no one clued me into.

must have missed the memo.

but i've my silver lining ... actually a few of them. for instant literary gratification, i enjoyed a new journal entry.

I’ll let this entry end without a cute quote and care-not. It’s probably gone on too long anyway for us, the generation of readers who seek simplicity in radio edits and single page posts.

... while i exist among my fellow ramblers, digressors, and othersp in favor of the stream-of-conscious rants that make both the best reading and the best stories.

and my other silver lining? less than a week until musical revelry that i'm looking forward to with a bright smile.

as my head ached this morning before i headed to work, i popped a couple alleve (which i now have, thanks to saturday's experience feeling as if i was knocking on heaven's door) and decided to listen to something fun to brighten my outlook. this was good, but my listening selection is now stuck in my head. which is fine for me, but if i start singing lines from the ditty in my head, i think my coworkers will think i'm on crack.

xoxoxoxo - vickie

ps. read matt's latest. crazy bastard. i <3.

No comments: