2.23.2004

congratulations - it's a tension headache!

i'm surprised i haven't had one of these before. after all, i've gone through some pretty stressful times in my day. sure, i've had headaches - but as i sat here this afternoon, i experienced a different kind of head pain.

i contemplated my options. i'd taken medication not too long ago, so that was out. tried eating some fruit to up the natural sugar in my system, drank plenty of water to keep hydrated. yet the pain continued.

i haven't been feeling overly well anyway. so i suspect i do, in fact, have a touch of the burlington plague that's going around. but this headache has no reason to exist - and, as the ever-comforting voice of my mother suggested (ok. yes, i didn't feel well so i called my mom. i swear that works 99 percent of the time and makes me feel at least a bit better), i think i have a tension headache.

or, to describe in more colorful terms, i feel like i have a 168-piece marching band trying to squeeze through a narrow doorway. a lot of noise and pressure. the clicking of my keyboard hurts.

which means i'll stop my typing now.

No comments: