5.17.2005

Pretty much.

I planned to take both of the posts I wrote earlier in the day and consolidate them into a single post, under the umbrella theme of my loss of English comprehension.

Then I accidentally deleted the first post before said consolidation could occur.

Fitting, no?

Things have been strange. Not bad, not sensationally grand, but strange. Communication with others has proven more difficult as of late than I might normally expect - I tend to be good at chatting with people. Not this tripping-over-words mass of person I've been since Sunday. It's a little unnerving, and I'm not sure of its cause. Grace has never been my particular strong suit, but I've always had at least enough to get by.

I realize, of course, that most of my latest musings have been music-related and, while that's a theme throughout most of the e-thinking I've done here in the past, it's really the main subject these days. I'm not sure of how I feel about it.

On one hand, I'm thrilled to have so many things to look forward to, so many experiences to capture. But I imagine one must wonder what the hell else is going on with me. Are shows really it?

My normal Massachusetts-related anecdotes are in short supply, as I've been Boston-trip-less for the longest span in months. I'll be back in the city during the first weekend in June (on my agenda: stopping by the Gaiety site, candlepin bowling - contact me for details, and a concert - whee!), but that will mark over a month, maybe even five or six weeks, since the last time I navigated my car onto 93. Normally I'd be going stircrazy by now, but it's felt pretty good to be busily moving through the weeks in my now hometown. It all falls under my efforts to make the most of where I am now - a place currently shrugging off the embrace of college students and colder weather. Like countless other twentysomethings, I am ready to reclaim the downtown with my post-collegiate contemporaries and have begun staging blissful reunions with the cocktails and locations I normally avoid during the academic year. This city town is a completely different entity when the three schools roll into lethargic summer sessions - and I enjoy it infinitely more.

Work is work, as it always is. And it shall remain a shadowy figure in my writings, as I'm wise enough to not mention it in the day-to-day stories. But I continue on as always - and I deem that sufficient enough for you to know.

I'm preparing to renew my lease on the multi-colored apartment I've made with my two flatmates, thus marking the first year since high school in which I will not be moving to a new space. I hadn't realized how accustomed I'd grown to the annual shift in scene until I realized it would not be occurring this year. It really does feel like home, and I'm determined to bring shelves, paint and other renovations to the place.

But these are all continuous things/issues/whatever in my life, the things I might make reference to on occasion, but rarely devote my full attention. Really, the music scene is the ever-shifting entity - and it continues to improve on a near-daily basis. I'm happily thinking of how it will be to see Coldplay in Montreal in August, with the opening act of Rilo Kiley (Rilo Kiley twice in months? Delightful!), and preparing to make my way to the HG box office to pick up another round of tickets (Decemberists, Ben Lee, perhaps Improv Asylum). I feel that roadtrips to new locations could be in my future in the coming months, particularly after the Philly close call that prompted my mother (who I foolishly thought of as a voice of reason) to say with surprise, "You're not going? Screw it, go and have a crazy weekend!"

The federal government won me over today with a check from Uncle Sam, and I'm putting it in the bank, earmarked for a otherwise unexpected roadtrip somewhere this summer. Music-related, but other than that, I've yet to determine precisely what the details will be. I'm open to suggestions.

And that's that, really. I'm doing well and I've been keeping myself moving. And it appears that, with this, I may have strung together my first coherent string of sentences in several days.

Go figure.

No comments: