5.11.2005

The calm

I'm off to get coffee, take a deep breath and then dive into a day that will likely race by until early evening. At that point I will consider getting some more coffee, take a deep breath and dive into a night that will likely race by until I make my way home.

Wish me luck.

In other news. I somehow completely missed the fact that Steve Poltz is going to be at the Paradise Lounge on Friday night. I half-considered a whirlwind trip to be able to finally see him perform, but then remembered my whole "being sensible" attempts and regretfully set that aside.

However, I encourage anyone who can go to do so. His music makes me laugh. In a good way. And anyone who writes a song called "I Killed Walter Matheau" and covers TLC's "Waterfalls" is damn good in my book.

I will also readily accept phone calls from this performance. Hint, hint.

And, finally. It's been over a year now (haha) since Averi performed in Burlington. Residencies are great and all, but pretty impossible for the working types to make the trip to a show. How about a date in northern Vermont or a weekend show that one could actually get to without having to take off a day of work or whatnot?

Hmm. Ponder that, get back to me or tell me who to write. Thanks.

No comments: