5.05.2005

Bulletins

- Yesterday, as a pair of 12-year-old arms were thrown around my waist, I was reminded of how nice it feels to have someone face suddenly light up upon seeing me. It's hard not to grin a little wider throughout the day when you know someone is that happy to be in your presence.

I was also reminded, however, of just how happy I am to know that the trials and angsty tribulations of the pre-teen years are far, far behind me. The trials and angsty tribulations of the twentysomething years can be equally frustrating, but at least in a more mature manner. Most of the time.

- After a brief, uncharacteristic foray into headline-loving concertdom two weeks from now, I will spend a weekend in June back in familiar territory: going to shows for the openers. The Shore opening for Blue Merle (who I've been chastized before for not having seen yet) on 06.04., followed by Ben Lee (aka stand-on-the-car-hood-and-wave-to-police-during-the-encore boy) opening for Aimee Mann on 06.05.

- Lewis Black next weekend. What more needs be said?

No comments: