5.23.2005

Double Shots

TrioJenny

And the Zig-Zag Tour comes to a close.

My mind is tempted for fuse the weekend's various components into the span of a single day. B explained how "It's hard to be a gangsta with a basket on your bike" shortly before The Brunettes delivered their last song with Olsen twin masks and then Blake threw grapes and apples into the crowd shouting, "THE PEOPLE NEED FRUIT!" And we capped the night off with the world's most comfortable armchairs in an impossible-to-find club.

Now that I'm sitting in one place, with nowhere I need to be for the rest of the day, I marvel at what one can fit into two and a half days when one throws common sense logic to the wind.

Two Bushwalla performances Friday, Rilo Kiley Saturday, Rilo Kiley Sunday. The entire weekend passed in bundles of two, and I found myself relying on adrenaline and double-shot lattes to get through it all.

I'll say that B is fabulous, I'm still singing a Christmas-y song, Rilo Kiley in my hometown brought me joy and the inclusion of "Pictures of Success" and "A Better Son/Daughter" brought a fitting end to the madness.

And that there are a few more shots on my Flickr - and I'm exhausted.

No comments: