2.10.2005

status check -
background ambiance -

from the archives.

Thursday, November 8, 2001

i now have ryan cabrera mp3s. i approve very much of all the praise i've been hearing as of late. very very good. new singer to follow...yippee!


This was back when "Elm Street" was about to be independently released. I admit that I haven't listened to Cabrera in years. I haven't listened to "Take It All Away" and I have no desire to. But I loved the "Elm Street" material at the time. And I remember my jaw dropping, several years later, upon watching MTV one evening. "That guy ... he IS Ryan!"

What's amusing is that I encouraged Chris to try booking him for the Coffeehouse about a week after I made first reference to him on the blog.

Now that I don't listen to him anymore? He's playing Higher Ground in March.

Haha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you make me want to lala...

Anonymous said...

"on the kitchen on the floor..."

And then she remembers she doesn't know any more of the song. Are there actually other words? I really think that's about it...

Ah, Ryan.
So much potential.
So much hair.

V