2.19.2005

Now for something completely different...

status check - Thoroughly amused
background ambiance - Tristan Prettyman, "Toxic"

***Important concert news! See bottom.***

When I stopped at home to pick up my cell phone, I certainly wasn't expecting the voicemail that awaited...

I participated in an open casting call kind of thing while in D.C. nearly two years ago. I'd heard back shortly thereafter, and they'd said they were interested in me, but I'd have to hand over a hefty bit of change to do all the things they wanted me to do. Since it was kind of a fluke thing to even audition, I asked them to keep me posted and thanked them for their time.

So today I receive this message, completely out of the blue and they wanted me to come in for a screen test.

I've yet to call, but I'll have fun with it when I do. Sorry, guys, I moved to Vermont, but if you want to get someone up here, I'll do the screen test right away...

As I told my friends back then, I was laughing about how I'd changed my role in entertainment history from a "never was" to a "couldabeen."

But the call certainly made me smile.

In other news. Capitol Steps. Go see them. My flatmates and I were laughing and cheering from our spots in the front row at the Flynn last night - me particularly once a certain elected official made a cameo.

"The wheel's spinning, but the hamster's dead. Just gone."

And, THIS JUST IN! Ooh, this is a good one. Vermont scores a coup!

Mark your calendars. March 23. Cary Brothers at Higher Ground. No Boston dates announced (at this moment anyway) - New England's spots are only Burlington and Connecticut.

This'll be a fabulous show. Hit up the show and crash at Casa de Racca!

And, finally...YANKEESREDSOXTICKETS!!!!!

No comments: